We Fix iPhone Charging Related Issues
iPhone Charging Issues
iPhone phone charging issues can more often than not, be caused by a damaged charging port.
Charging ports on your iPhone can be damaged easily, due to the constant connection and disconnection of the charging cable. Wear and tear is then inevitable causing further damage. The internal components can move, bend or become damaged over time, and this is where the iPhone charging issues arise.
Other iPhone charging issues include faults with the wall adapter. This particular fault can be caused if you’re using an adapter where the cable can be removed. It’s possible that the USB port on the adapter might have broken.
Here are some more common reasons for an iPhone device failing to charge:
· Faulty cable, charger, socket or adapter.
Your phone’s charging issues could be the result of a faulty accessory. The cable might have a loose wire, the adapter could have malfunctioned, or the socket could be failing to transmit current properly.
· Third party apps, Interrupting the charge.
This is a common bug found on many iPhone devices, where it prevents the charging icon from showing up when you plug your iPhone in.
· Faulty Battery
It could be that the battery is the problem? Check its general condition, if it’s warped or misshapen, a battery fault could be the reason.
· Dirt or debris in the charging port.
Your iPhone device is probably exposed to debris on a daily basis. The charging port is one of the most vulnerable elements on your phone. Dust particles can quickly accumulate and hinder your phone’s connection to a power source. When your phone lives in your pocket, it’s bound to pick up a little dust and lint, and every time you plug in your cable, you pack that lint in more.
However, there are a few things you can do to trouble-shoot your iphone’s charging issues such as:
· Using a can of compressed air. This is a handy way to clean dirt and dust from the charging port, but not in all cases! We can provide this cleaning service for you, without damaging any parts to the charging port.
· Another method of cleaning is to remove the battery of your iphone and use a very small amount of alcohol and a cotton bud to gently clean the inside of the charging port. But be very careful not to damage the port itself.
· Another method of cleaning is to slightly raise the tension clips with a sewing needle as the problem is often due to the metallic surfaces inside the USB port and the micro USB charger becoming slightly bent. This can mean it doesn’t make proper contact with the charging cable, either through a manufacturing defect or because of the continual plugging and unplugging of the charging cable.
Of course these methods, if not performed correctly, can damage your iphone even further, so be very careful. If however, you wish for us to carry out these procedures for you, by cleaning without damaging your phone further, and then give us a call.
The fault may be more than it just needing a clean, in which case we can diagnose and the fault for you there and then and give you an instant quote!
All our technicians can evaluate your iphone and determine the cause of your charging issues, giving you a cost estimate for the repair.
We work with many other makes and models of smart phone too, not just the iPhone, including Samsung, Blackberry, HTC, and many more!
So why not give us a call today, or drop in to our workshop, for a free quote?
- 100% satisfied customers & Guarantee
- Well Qualified and Professional Technicians
- Free Diagnosis
- Quick and Fast Turnaround time for Repair
- Up to 3 month repair warrenty